Gerald and Rose is on the lookout for a Full Stack Web Developer who is able to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications, all within a timely manner. To maintain both quality & speed, the role involves reusing smart code and frameworks where possible, and building new ones when necessary.
When not developing websites, you will be researching new technologies and building software that increases efficiencies, productivity and speed to market for our clients.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and energetic professional with a real passion for and experience in web development. They must be well organised, able to manage their workload effectively both independently and as part of a team, and can contribute their own ideas to ensure we’re delivering the best possible end product.
- Experience developing new and existing websites (implement designs, install themes and plugins, upgrades/maintenance, testing, etc).
- Fundamental understanding of web best practices, custom theme development, UI/UX and SEO.
- Experience with in-page builder frameworks especially form builders, custom fields, plugins and customization techniques.
- Experience managing and supporting cloud services including web hosting, domain names, and DNS.
- High attention to detail with ability to develop websites from provided design files, scope work and provide job estimates.
- Possess excellent capability to troubleshoot problems and source solutions.
- Write and maintain documentation detailing module features and caveats.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. using simple language to explain technical matters to clients).
- Basic Knowledge of CPanel.
- MySQL experience.
- Understanding of API’s and web services.
- Willingness to step outside the box of your normal role on occasion.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will not be accepted from agencies or by phone. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.